March 15, 2011

Project: 365 Days of Gratitude

I've started a new project today - 365 Days of Gratitude. Really Piper and I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now. But I've decided to make it official. It's something I've seen around the internet for years now. I'm not sure where exactly it originated.

At lunch and dinner we light a candle, say an quick and easy blessing and then once a day we take turns listing what we are grateful for that day. Zac joins us occasionally too. The first day I gave Piper a quick explanation of gratitude. Basically, something you are happy to have in your life, or that makes you happy. She caught right on! Spewing a list of things she was happy about. Most of the time it consists of a list of things that we're eating, her family members and then added things from her day - objects or experiences. Often times brings a smile to our face to hear her list. Makes us really appreciate the small things in life.

And so often during our days, I find myself grateful for the little things. I'm hoping this project will help us all to really focus on what blessings, small or large, we have during our days.

In an effort to keep the blog clutter-free and simple, I added a separate page (accessible from the menu bar across the top of the page) to keep my list. I've added a comment box to the page. If you're so inclined, please leave your gratitudes in comments there.

No comments: