May 09, 2011

On Motherhood


This beauty was nearly the entirety of my Mama's Day. Zac let me sleep in until 9, which allowed him time to have Piper make me a card. He helped her write 'Happy Mama's Day Surprise' on it. It's from a Berenstain Bears book, Piper thinks it's the official name of the holiday.  The rest is all her. 

She continues to amaze me with her drawings. Particularly, the people. We've never shown her how to do it, but she keeps evolving her process on her own. This is her best to date. 


In addition, we took a family walk by Lake Monona. It was such a beautiful day. Though young, I truly feel my littles appreciate me daily. Maybe because they're young. But it's nice to have a special day dedicated to what you do with your life. For that's what it is, motherhood is my life! Being a mama is hard, hard work, but I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've developed so much gratitude and sympathy for other mamas in this world by becoming one myself. We're all on our own journeys, with different littles on their own journeys.  Mamas can use love, understanding, and acceptance daily. Trying our best is all we have.

In the past three years: I've inherited, as so many before and after me have, the name Mama. Which is sweet music to my ears. I traded in my 40 hour a week job for one that is 24/7, much harder and so much more rewarding. I've done more research for this job than anything ever before. I've agonized over most every decision I've made. I've learned to never know what to expect, these littles of mine are growing before my eyes. I've begun to wear my heart on the outside - times two. Our days are constantly changing, and I try endlessly to adapt. My hair is longer and my patience is shorter ... but I'm working on that.

Hoping all you beautiful, wonderful mamas out there had a joy filled Mama's Day!

No comments: